Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mormons and Monsters

This is how my illustration was suppose to look in the book "Mormons and Monsters."  However, I made the mistake of creating a piece that wasn't stark black and white like the other pictures in the book,  so they made me shift the levels to make things look a lot more black.  All the details disappeared and the final printed product looks really really bad, so I don't really tell anyone about this book anymore out of embarrassment.

In the end they included a comic book story which was allowed to have washes, which frustrates me a little bit.  

Ah well, live and learn...

I'm somewhat proud of the original since I have never attempted to draw anything like this before.  My comics and illustrations don't usually have this much interior.  Many thanks to local artist Emily Jacobson, who helped when I was modeling the drapery of this work.

No comments: